All About Me
A man rapidly entering middle-age (who has definitely not just turned 40, dammit!), Allen enjoys writing, reading, photography, gaming and dressing up like...actually, no, you're not ready for that yet. We'll settle instead for a picture featuring one of his many woollen jumpers.
He lives in north west England, in the picturesque and frequently rain-soaked town of Kirkby Stephen, writing novels and painting...paintings!
When he's not haplessly chasing his delusions, Allen can usually be foundon the sofa, playing games such as World of Warcraft, Overwatch, Guild Wars 2, DCUO (okay, that one's actually on the PS4 but it amounts to the same thing), Heroes of the Storm and many others. There may also be the odd glass of wine involved. And lots of coffee.
Snippets of random info (not a complete list and in no particular order)!
- Favourite TV shows: Wynnona Earp, The Expanse, Firefly, Buffy, American Gothic (remember that?), Spaced, Black Books, Dukes of Hazzard (it has not aged well, however), Game of Thrones, lots of Anime (Attack on Titan, Full Metal Alchemist and so on)
- Favourite authors: Terry Pratchett (the guv'nor), China Mieville, Trudi Canavan, Isaac Assimov
- Favourite films: Blade Runner, Star Wars, Evil Dead 2, Shaun of the Dead, The Bourne Trilogy, Ghost in the Shell (the anime, not the live action one), Lord of the Rings, Smokey and the Bandit, Wall-E, The Incredibles, Tangled (what, it's an awesome film!), Avengers, Serenity
- Favourite season: Autumn - I'm a miserable, melancholic git
- Favourite drink: coffee. Or beer (proper beer). Or wine (rosé for preference)
- Favourite superhero: Spider-Woman (it's just a thing of mine, don't worry about it)
- Favourite games: World of Warcraft, Overwatch, Portal, Red Dead Redemption, Heroes of the Storm, LittleBigPlanet, Gran Turismo, Uncharted, Mirror's Edge, DC Universe Online, Guild Wars 2, Skyrim, Guns of Icarus Online, The Last Of Us. It's possible I play too many games
- Favourite car: 1969 Dodge Charger (yes, the General Lee from The Dukes of Hazzard) - one day I will have one, it is my destiny. Oh yes, it will be mine...but probably not an actual General Lee, and certainly not one with a Confederate flag on the roof because, I mean, just no.
Still enjoying Titans - Beast Boy is no Manimal though. Yes, I am old enough to remember that.
Started watching Titans. Really enjoying it so far. I like that Starfire is basically an alien Jason Bourne with a fur coat and superpowers.